Monday, July 28, 2008

Author's Note

Don’t feel as though you HAVE to read my Prologue. I know most people skip these (myself included) but I feel that it really gives you some insight to what’s going on in my mind and most importantly, I think I’m funny. A lot of bad stuff has happened to my Mom and me, but this book isn’t meant to be a downer. We laugh every day, even if we woke up crying. We honestly think that most things are funny; especially if one of us gets called fat at some point throughout the day. Now, if you have no interest in “Me”, please skip this part and just go right to the story and pretend that I’m not just talking about myself. Trust me, I’m not egotistical whatsoever. I just don’t know anyone else quite well enough to feel that I could tell their story and do them a service. I can’t even begin to tell you how these different events have affected the other people that were involved in them with me. I’m scarcely able to tell you exactly how they affected me in the grand scheme of things. I can only hope that someday they will send me their stories.

Prologue P.S.

I’m telling the story that happened to me. Yes, other people were there that I saw and talked to, but they all might just be made up or embellished. So don’t get yourself all worked up thinking that I’m talking about you and putting you in some book that anyone can read. Don’t be so serious. Remember, I’m just putting myself out there. I would never throw any of you under the tracks just to get someone to read my damn book. Please read my damn book! Don’t make it so it’s only my mother who reads the book. That would be sad for me.

3 comments:

Iris Took said...

Good for you! I am happy you started this blog.

Amber said...

I think it's great that you are posting this. I started a book a few years ago (I got about 175 pages into it) and was so afraid to show anyone.

Good for you! And great writing! Can't wait to read chapter 2.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I'm catching up. I'm glad you started this blog. I shall be reading.

Intense Debate